Saturday, March 9, 2013

How to Unzip a File

 tryonemonth
I have windows 7 on my computer and i have attempted to download the Picture Wall Creater and VBRun60sp6.exe, in order to allow the software to work. However, I cannot successfully download and run VBRun60sp6.exe. Anytime I attempt to run the program, it does not open. Can you help, please?
MessagePosted By
 bmyers
After reading your message, I went to the download page at http://www.bmyers.com/members/programs/fileinfo.cfm?id=137&action=display, and downloaded the Picture Wall zip file.

After the download completed, I unzipped the file and ran the PictureWall II.exe and it ran without problems (on Windows 7).

I had previously downloaded and installed the Microsoft VB 6 runtime package found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24417

I use Google Chrome as my browser for both of the above downloads.

Bill
MessagePosted By
 tryonemonth
Thanks Bill.

Can you explain how you unzipped the file?
MessagePosted By
 bmyers
In Windows 7, right click on the file name in the file list, and choose 'extract all'.

Bill

No comments: