Monday, June 19, 2017

Well, I went to the Adams County Administration Building.  Not to the DA's Office, not to Dave Young's Office proper, but to the adjacent building called the 17th District's Self-Help Center of the Adams County Clerk of Courts or the Colorado Judicial Branch in Adams County.  This court covers Broomfield County and Adams County.  As per usual, I had to empty my pockets and remove my belt (seemed like only men had to remove pieces of clothing but that's just me).  I stopped at the Information Desk, a white-haired, pleasant gentleman who could really seem to help me.  True, I did not share any details of my case, so that did make it hard for him to direct me to the proper office or window. Anyway, he directed me to the Civil Window #8. Civil Cases means that one is seeking monetary damages separate from criminal charges.  The pleasant attendant directed me to the Self-Help Window just around the corner.  And it's there where I received a couple of pages of handouts.  Helpful, but just more bureaucratic lines to wait in.  And I still don't know who to talk to.  She did suggest I talk to Channel 9, to a guy by the name of Tom Martino.  That's right--a television station.  What are they going to do, broadcast details of my life and of any possible or pending case that I might have and take the side of Tam, Lor, Man, Hob as they throw me under the proverbial bus? But the Self-Help clerk was helpful too.  She suggested that I contact Tom Martino at Channel 9.

I was in the 17th District's Self-Help Center of the Adams County Clerk of Courts.  What a title.  How can anyone sort anything out. Then there are no photos of the building online that match my picture of the place.  The sheet containing the legal directory did have an opening statement, "The 17th Judicial District Self-Help Resouce Center has complied a list of attorneys willing to offer services for those with modest means."  Meaning what exactly--any means left to drain your pittance of a savings account?  It means that a person's financial situation will be considered when legal fees are assessed for a particular service case.  It states that the lawyers in the list are not.  The Dept. does not guarantee the quality of the lawyer.  Ah, perfect.  Nor does the Dept. "examine or warrant any of the information provided by these lawyers."  In other words, no quality assurance.  The Dept. will not be liable.  Of course not.  I can find information on any of the listed attorneys at this site: http://coloradosupermecourt.com/regulation/regulation.asp.  Or try this site:  http://coloradosupremecourt.com/.

And if those sites don't work, then the Dept. redirects me to the Denver Bar Association.  Good to see the buck continues to be passed.  

The Self-Help gal offered a few other sites.  
1.  The Colorado Bar Association.  
2.  Dept. of Labor/Employment.  File a complaint.
3.  Colorado Dept. of Labor @ 303-318-8441.  
4.
5.

And so the rabbit hole opens . . . . 

LEGAL SERVICES CONTACTS
Colorado Legal Services . . . . . . . . . .  303-837-1313.
D. U. Student Lawyer Program . . . . .  303-871-6140.
Channel 9 Television Station . . . . . . .  303-698-0999.
Channel 4 Television Station . . . . . . .  303-831-HELP (4357)
Landlord/Tenants Mediation . . . . . . .  303-831-1935.

LEGAL SERVICES WEBSITES
Colorado Legal Services
Colorado Bar Association
Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
Lawyer by Design.  Well, the URL they gave me, lawyerbydesign.com is defunct.  I Googled it and found a few related sites.  See here
Child Support Information
Information for Fathers
Colorado Divorce Book, Offices of Stephen J. Harhai?  


No comments: