Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Legal Advice Sites

1)  Avvo.com seems like the best.  First, it's free.  But in terms of a response, I'll have to wait and see.  

2)  FreeAdvice.com says it's free.  You do get to talk online with an assistant for free before she turns you over to a paid page where a lawyer will reply . . . like I said for a fee.  The fee they were going to charge me was $31 plus a $5 refundable fee, for what God only knows.  

FreeAdvice.com does have a forum.  I cannot tell on the face of it how free it is.  It requires you to register.  And I don't know if that is free or not.  

3)  There is another site called LawQa.com.  Problem with this is that your email is a requisite, so if you're trying to get legal answers to questions first and then go over a lawyer with the costs, this is not that helpful because they're asking for too much up front.  

4)  Then there is the American Bar site at freelegalanswers.org.  The first field you have to enter is the state in which you  live.  I did that.  I received a reply that said "The state you chose is not available."  So nothing works online.  The American Bar Association must be working overtime to keep effective legal sites from becoming serviceable. 

5)  Then there is Ask a Lawyer at Lawyers.com.  Let's see how this pans out.  This site, too, requires you to submit an email.  I did that and I received an email confirmation that I am skittish to answer.  




No comments: