Monday, May 29, 2017

1. Yes. Use WordPress.org, not .com, so you can control your traffic and domain name. 

WordPress is indexed very quickly by Google and the other 4% of search engines. It's free, and easy to use. The most difficult part of WP for me was choosing from the thousands of available free themes. 

2. In my experience you won't need a tech person for a simple site. I'm a hardware techie, not software, and I've done several WP sites. 

Since Goog owns YouTube, it indexes videos very quickly. You may want to use videos on your site, or use the images as links to videos, so when visitors click on the image they are taken to the respective vid on your YouTube channel. 

4. What is the most valuable part of any business? 
The customer list. IMO you want to begin building one asap. 

Offer a free ebook, which seems more valuable than a report, even if the report and ebook are the same length. (Yes I write ebooks and all kinds of marketing material, so consider my suggestion blatant advertising :-)

Regarding SurveillanceBook I empathize with you. It's almost a necessity these days, even if only monitored for reputation management. 

What about forums? There are forums for everything -- I've seen flashlight forums, lumberjack forums, lawnmower forums... it's fascinating the subjects people will spend time asking about and discussing. 

I know a guy who advertises ONLY in one forum, with links to his YT vids, and takes a booth at trade shows. Prior to a show he invites forum members to stop by his booth for a free item.

No comments: